Case 1:15-cv-10181-DJC Document 1-8 Filed 01/23/15 Page 1 of 4
Case 1:15-cv-10181-DJC Document 1-8 Filed 01/23/15 Page 2 of 4
From: Gianluca Martino
Subject: [Team] start of communications
Date: November 9, 2008 at 7:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Case 1:15-cv-10181-DJC Document 1-8 Filed 01/23/15 Page 3 of 4
Ciao Ragazzi (guys)!
In these days I'm having some free speechs with some of You and I would like to extend them to everybody. This is a start, You know I cannot
be the master the conversation...
First: Why no one is helping Tom with the 328? ;-) (north west Italian humor)
Stop joking, ok.
- You know I'm planning the 2009-beginning 2010 Arduino Duemilanove production, I will produce
boards, this huge order helped me to
have the 328 at the same price of the 168, so the end customers will not be charged. At the end we had 2 main improvements (auto power
select and 328) for free
- The USD is stronger than 6 months ago, but I made a little discount to distributors so they will not perceive this too much
- Roadmap: We have some boards in the drawer (Aduino Mega - Eth shield with or w/o SD card) and some idea to explore (Arduino
Embedded, Xbee nodes)
- Smart Projects is the main manufacturer and It is playing also a role (via Tinker.it) in the Arduino LLC on the develop and decision making.
Smart Projects is paying a 10% royalty on the sold units asking back for the develop expenses. Some other manufacturers should object to
this, but they are paying a lower royalty. On the other hand, I need to have the '?rst choice' and to know where we are going in order to be on
the market both for me and both for the distributor chain. I obviously would not to change this situation, but If You think in a different way, You
know I'm 1 on 5, so don't worry about proposing something different.
- Royalty transfer: You know I asked Sparkfun, Ladyada, Tinker.it, and some others, to pay my royalty on the parts bought from me in order to
avoid a big cash ?ow from Italy to USA. I think this model is working, let me know if any problem (more or less is 1 year this was set up)
- Money (You know I'm Italian, this was the ?rst in the list but I added some other points before ;-)): How we will manage the money? We have
to decide this before the end of the Year I think (to avoid end of the Year taxation). I would avoid to put numbers and points. Just start. I think
something (xx%) should be donated to some no pro?t humanitarian organizations (I choose Save The Children for Smart Projects), something
should be stored for company needing and accountancy (yy%), something for technological help to schools/organizations (free material and
so on, zz%), something should be allocated to each one of us for develop-support-management-job ww/month?) and the missing part should
be divided from each one of us.
I forgot something for sure, please add your points and once we will have a list, let's start discuss It, better if during a week in Mexico ;-)
Team mailing list
Case 1:15-cv-10181-DJC Document 1-8 Filed 01/23/15 Page 4 of 4
From: Alexandra Deschamps-Sonsino
Subject: Arduino royalities
Date: March 30, 2009 at 10:24 AM
To: David Mellis
Cc: Massimo Banzi
I was told to send you our banking information for the Arduino royalities for Massimo and Gianluca.
25 Islington High Street
N1 9LJ London UK
Swift BIC code:
Please let me know if you need an of?cial invoice,
CEO & Co-Founder
+44 (0) 7768 462 125